While placing an online food order, actress Akanksha Juneja is duped by phishing scam.


Phishing fraud has recently risen to worrisome heights, claiming a large number of victims, including well-known figures. Akanksha Juneja, the accomplished actress who plays Nidhi in the well-liked television programme Kundali Bhagya, recently discussed her own experience with cybercrime, in which she lost Rs 30,000 while trying to get meals online.

In a recent interview, Akanksha recalled the terrifying occurrence and said, "The frequency of cyber fraud incidents is unsettling, and we all strive to be cautious. However, con artists have become exceedingly crafty, coming up with fresh ways to trick people. On one instance, I was placing a food order when I got a call from what appeared to be a legitimate business number. The caller asked that I click on a link given to my phone to confirm the order. I questioned the necessity of such a step, but the individual persuaded me that it was a brand-new procedure for verifying meal orders. Sadly, the moment I clicked the link, Rs 10,000 was taken out of my account every five minutes.

I was completely perplexed and compelled to understand what was happening, the actress continued. Fortunately, I remembered clicking on that dubious link and phoned my bank right after to get my account blocked. Despite taking quick action, I still lost a sizable sum of Rs 30,000. For me, it was really demoralising because it hurts so much to see someone else's hard-earned money go to waste.


Akanksha warned people about the dangers of internet fraud and asked them to proceed with extreme caution. She emphasised, "People must be careful about the common online scams in today's environment. The sad occurrence was caused by the URL that the scammer supplied me, which permitted unauthorised access to my phone. Never click on links from unfamiliar sources since scammers are quite skilled at tricking unwary people.

Akanksha's cautionary tale serves as a stark reminder of the significance of cybersecurity and remaining vigilant against phishing attacks in the digital age, in addition to her acting roles in well-known projects like Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, Hamaari Beti Raaj Karegi, Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava, and Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2.


Post a Comment

0 Comments